By Przemo Firszt on Wednesday, September 26 2018, 17:57 - Permalink
OpenCyclingComputer is finally reaching the "road ready" stage:
- BLE connection with heart rate sensor. Also automatic re-connection and graceful quiet handling of all errors from bluez stack.
- BLE connection with speed and cadence sensor. It's really wheel revolution and cadence sensor, but given wheel size it works as speed sensor.
- Pressure sensor. Iit will be used as an altimeter in the near future. Coded with Kalman filter
- Temperature sensor
- GPS module - I still need to do some debugging here, but the drivers were tested on raspberry A+ and worked great.
- YAML layouts. It's very easy to change the default layout - it's simply a text file + some background images.
- Saving / reading config file. Also YAML, so it's a human editable.
- "Animated" heart rate and cadence icons showing that the related sensors are "alive" and keep sending notifications.
- All settings can be edited from the OCC screen
Things that need polishing:
- Calculating averages (speed, heart rate, etc)
- Implementing Kalman filters where suitable
- BLE scanning and selecting devices from the OCC screen
- Calculating altitude and all related parameters like slope, pressure at sea level and others
- BLE status icon works, but it doesn't show exactly what's happening with the connection
- Implementing Low Battery warning/shut down (hardware is ready)
- Improving ride log. Currently the format of the log is hard coded
- defining sensor API for future extensions
- plugging accelerometer into the current system
- implementing inertion+gps navigation with multi input Kalman filter
- code cleaning and refactoring